March 11, 2009

My Mom's Visit & Our Little Girls Nursery

My mom came in town this past Wednesday night and we started painting Thursday I had the paint colors already picked out so we went and picked up the paint. The walls were a tan color already so we had to start with primer first which we did Thursday late afternoon and night. Day 2 of painting which was Friday we started of that morning and cut all the corners and edges with the light pink paint before we had to go to my doctors appointment that afternoon after my doctors appointment we came back and finished painting the rest of the wall the light pink. Day 3 we woke up and started measuring and taping where I wanted the stripes, this took FOREVER! While we were taking a break I called Babies R Us to see where my crib was because I had just ordered it the Sat before and was hoping it would arrive while my mom was here because that was her big gift to us. By surprise they said it had just arrived today so Steve took me and my mom over to Babies R Us to pick it up and bring it home before he left to go hang out with his buddies from high school for a guys night. Later we finally were able to start painting the dark pink once everything was taped off and were able to finish the room about 9 o'clock that night to start me and my moms girls night. We went to a late dinner at CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) then ice cream at Coldstone's and then a late movie to see I'm Just not that Into You! Sunday we went to church and came home and started assembling the crib and put the crib sheet set on and started arranging the room the way I wanted it. Monday was the last full day my mom was here so we tried fitting everything in. We went to see if we could find some fabric for the baby blanket my mom is going to make our little girl and we found the cutest fabric ever and I am super excited for it. We did some other running around to a few stores and around 5:30 Steve called to see if we wanted to go to the Blazer game that night against the Lakers. We went home to pick Steve up and headed to the game. It was such an amazing game and the Blazers killed them! My mom had so much fun and said we converted her to being a Blazer fan. We took her to Happy Hour at Stanfords for "martinis" j/k! Here in Portland almost every restaurant has a Happy Hour that starts around 9 and they have a full menu of food to choose from where its really cheap to eat you just have to get a drink and it doesn't have to be alcoholic so we go all the time here and wanted my mom to experience Happy Hour and let her know here Happy Hour isn't just half priced drinks! Tuesday was the sadest day ever I had to take my mom to the airport! I felt like she had just got here and all we did was paint while she was here but I enjoyed the time I got to spend with her and the memories we made! Love ya Mom and thanks for everything!

6 comments:

lindsey said...

I absolutely love the room and esp the pic with you and the crib in the room.. I wished I could have come!! Love you and Miss you like crazy!

webster said...

super cute...you are soo good!

Lindsey said...

It turned out so cute Michelle! How exciting...you're really about to have your little girl! I'm so excited to meet her!

BJ and Alexis Gremillion said...

The room looks SO cute Michelle! Good job!

Janessa said...

wow your baby room looks so cute!!! I can't believe that you and your mom did that!

FARRER FAMLIY said...

Thanks! Yeah I love her new haircut, I should have done it a long time ago, it looks so much better. And Kai getting dressed for church was all him suprisingly it wasn't Cody but I wouldn't put it past him! I bet bet your getting ready for the baby!