July 9, 2009

4th of July
4th of July is kind of like an anniversary for Steve and I. 5 years ago today is where it all started. It was the day before 4th of July and I was down in Idaho Falls with my dear friend AJ and Jordan. We were on our way back to Rexburg and I'm not sure if I was telling AJ he needed to find me a boy or what but somehow Steve popped in AJ's head and he was like I want you to meet him so he calls up Steve to see what he is doing and tells him he wants him to meet this girl. Well we end up meeting up with Steve, his brother Jon, Christian his roommate and Christian's girlfriend at the fairgrounds in Rexburg. My first impression of Steve was he was really buff which was not the normal type of guy I went out with but I thought he was cute and the fact that AJ told me that all the girls on campus wanted him made me want him a little more because I liked a challenge. So that night we all went to this bonfire out at the sand dunes we talked a little but nothing to brag about. The next day was 4th of July and if you live in Rexburg you go to the big fireworks show in Idaho Falls, so my roommates and I went down and got us a place on the river set up. I really wanted to hang out with Steve but the only way I would be able to hang out with him was through AJ and of course AJ was working at one of the events! So I was talking to AJ on and off all day and was like have you talked to Steve? I begged him to call Steve and tell him to call me but AJ was like just call him yourself. I had told AJ that I don't call boys and that's there job well anyways he talked me into it and I went out of my comfort zone and against all the rules to wait for the boy to call first and totally called him. He was with his roommates on the other side of the river so I went to pick him up and brought him to the other side where me and my roommates had set up camp. It was a good night and probably the most memorable 4th of July we will both ever have.
Happy 5 year anniversary Steve! Love you!

Me, Steve & Kinsey on our couch after we got home from spending 4th of July out at his parents-I was so mad I didn't take any pictures so I begged Steve to take one when we got home because it's such a memorable holiday for us in plus it was Kinsey's first 4th-as you can tell she was pooped, she didn't even wake up for the picture

6 comments:

lindsey said...

ha Kinsey does looked pooped

webster said...

haha. i remember this day...and I for sure remember the shoes he had on...do you remember that?

Lacey* said...

really? the MOST memorable? what about the 4th we spent in snowview and were greeted by the streaker? now that is memorable!

Breanne said...

i just read what whit said... i was gonna say the same thing. i member those brown sandals he had on and you had a hard time getting over them. i also member you and whitney wiping your sweaty armpits on the clothes at AE. I think i have pics of it.

crystal said...

i guess it's past room mates claim to this story- but just for the record, I WAS THERE :) ...so... i'm proud of that little fact.

catpants2 said...

Hi to the happy little family! I got my photo today in the mail and appreciate your including me~ I have her already in a frame, just so you'll know! Lindsey really seriously should pursue this photography thing on a professional level,not only as a "portrait" photographer but as a photo journalist/ or prehaps a fashion photog! VOGUE, ANYONE? I've always told your mom that~ Susan